Sunday, November 14, 2010

In the valley of the shadow of death...


Finished day 10 of the first two weeks of the South Beach Diet. Six and a half pounds lost, but it is what I have gained that is most important. An inner truth has surfaced in my privation; I was addicted to Ramen. I admit the problem now in hopes that I have conquered this shameful weakness. There are four days left before I know for certain. Will I go back? Will I fall back into the old, unhealthy habits? Will Ramen become my dirty (but oh so temptingly delicious) 19 penny mistress? A cheap thrill of sodium packed mischief.

I need a group. I learned just this morning that corduroy lovers have a group and their membership numbers 3,500+. Surely a recovering Ramen addict can find comforting souls of like minds to lean on. Surely I am not alone.

My writing suffers the longer the evil pull of Ramen holds prominence in my mind. Perhaps Ramen is a dark angel thrown from heaven by the Flying Spaghetti Monster? Perhaps the evil thrall has captured me for good. Perhaps I am already lost. Who can resist discount Ramen except for the hardiest of souls? Ah, a terrible world we live in.

No comments: