Monday, January 31, 2011

First Sale!

I made my first ‘sale’ as a writer, if such can be said for an article that was rather shoddily edited, and if $2.24 for an upfront payment is something to be proud of, especially when the sale is to Associated Content, which may be a Content Farm. At this rate, I would need to write 37 articles a day, 365 days a year, to make what I am making right now. That would require me to produce at minimum, 15,000 words per day, 1875 words per hour and somehow type at a clip of 31.25 words per minute. (I do well when I type 20-25). Wow. I am daunted. Officially. Of course, Associated Content pays for page views, so if I were to get thousands of people to read what I write, then I could possibly cut back to 8,000 or 10,000 words per day. Still wow. So no riches are in my future, Still, I must admit to feeling some small measure of accomplishment even if the editing was not rigorous. If I hold myself to a high standard, then perhaps my conscience will allow me tout my writing as worthwhile for others to read.

No comments: