Sunday, August 28, 2011

Sweet Red

“What are you drinking?” My wife looks at the bottle of wine on the counter. I had just gone to town for a few supplies ahead of hurricane Irene. “Does that say Sweet Red?”

“Well...” How to answer the smirk, because really, the bottle of wine indeed was labeled Sweet Red; no merlot, shiraz, just Sweet Red. And I was already a glass into the bottle. “It was an impulse buy.” The smirk stayed in place; I had to look away. “It was on an endcap, and it is a sweet wine and-”

“It's red?” She guessed and I swear I could hear the smirk now, even with my back turned.

“Yes.” I was defeated.

But really. For being $2.77 a bottle at Wal-Mart, the headache this morning is hardly noticeable.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a 6 pack of Big Flats....an impulse buy!

MT Nickerson said...

Sometimes you win, sometimes... it is dreadful!