Friday, September 23, 2011

Guest Bloggers and Nazgul: P73


Here is my dilemma. I am going away in two months, on Thanksgiving day actually, for a two week honeymoon to New Zealand. I am happier about this trip than any trip ever. Ever.

But with the happiness, there is trepidation because, well frankly, this blog. I have been doing very well for more than two months and by the time my wife and I leave for Auckland, I will have four solid months of daily writing (mostly, folks, mostly 'cause no one is perfect). Then comes seventeen days when I will have to go dark. I have no guarantee and, if honesty is valued, no true desire, to blog while on my honeymoon.

I will write. I will think of writing. Mostly, though, I will spend two weeks with my beautiful wife in a place I have always wanted to go. I may even see Hobbiton. Jealous? I know, right?

The land of Frodo will be our playground for two glorious, fun-filled weeks.

But do I go dark for two weeks? Shut everything down?

I have considered my options and tried to write a few extra posts but what I'm running into is the realization that seventeen days is a long time to not be topical. There are just so many general posts to write that will hold interest day after day. Or so I'm thinking.

What to do, then?

Guest bloggers. Well of course. But then, who?

I asked my nine year old niece tonight to write two posts for me. I am her fun uncle, maybe her favorite uncle even. And it would be great for her, to start a career at such a young age, get a chance to ride the old man's coattails.

She said no. Multiple times. Even a bit rudely. Certainly curt and definate.

I will continue to work on her. I'm sure I can wear her down. And then there is my mother. And my brother-in-law. And my wife and I guess any new friends I have made in the writing world.

We all will get through this dilemma, people. No worries. The captain will right the ship. As soon as I find the captain, I'll be sure to let him know how much is depending on him. (Bad joke? Yeah, I'm much funnier in person. It might be the nose, but I take any laugh I can get)

So, stocking up, planning and hoping that everything works out. If not, I'll be in New Zealand trekking glaciers and trying to avoid any Nazgul or such along the way. Unless I find a Nazgul with a flair for phrasing. Then....


3 comments:

Rochelle said...

Thank you for this!

Rochelle said...

Thanks for posting this!

MT Nickerson said...

You are most welcome, Rochelle.

Was there any particular part that caught your fancy or are you just a Nazgul fan? :)