Friday, September 9, 2011

Hyphenated Hell


The time-suck and the ill-formed comment response. My hyphenated hell today.

The great thing about comments, continuing from yesterday's post, is when you find yourself engaged. The bad thing is when you find yourself engaged in a slow motion discussion with someone who really has no desire to change their mind or entertain even, an opinion that does not closely coincide with their already formed opinion.

This is ass-kissery and obstinance combined in a deadly double whammy that is impenetrable and possibly, when you have other work to do, detrimental to productivity.

I was on a blog today and found myself entrenched and hopelessly sucked into a discussion that was less productive than it should have been. And I was trying to make my opinions coalesce as I was typing, which is never a good plan. Needless to say, it was an almost complete waste of time.

I should have known better.

Remember this, above all else; don't worry, there are a lot of blogs out there. You just need to find the right one, where you can discuss, and get a point across and not feel as if you are wasting your time. If you feel you have already said the same thing several comments in a row, pull back. There is no winning and you have better things to do.

No comments: