Monday, October 3, 2011

Iphone, Ipad 2: Writer's Need to Stay Connected


In the past year plus I have found myself in 'Road Mode' frequently- sometimes short trips, sometimes long, but web access has been a key issue regardless the length of the trip.

It used to be no big deal when I was half-serious about blogging, when I was not active on twitter, when being plugged in was a convenience rather than what is becoming a necessity. I'm in a position where I have to figure this out and do so soon.

I'm looking at the iphone as an option. And down the road, if I can find a deal, maybe the ipad 2, too.

November, on Thanksgiving day, my wife and I are flying out of Manchester airport in New Hampshire to start our two plus week honeymoon in New Zealand. We both are super excited about the trip top New Zealand because, well, it's New Zealand and we both always wanted to go there. I have a few things set up in advance such as content, and my brother-in-law has agreed to manage my blog, but there are so many daily things I need to do, that being cut off is a bit troubling.

I want to enjoy my vacation, but then again, I don't want to abandon my blog, my readers, my twitter followers.

So. I will continue to explore my options because in the end, though I'm not the most technologically savvy, I know there must be an economical, and relatively easy, way to get this situation of travel and web access solved.

Where there's a will, there's a way. Right?

No comments: