Thursday, October 27, 2011

POW: It's Julia Rachel Barrett!


So there’s this lady, she keeps commenting on my blog, and she has a book cover that would definitely make my mother blush (it made me blush a bit, but then I remembered I’m an adult, a married man, and blushing is so not cool or manly).

Julia Rachel Barrett; her comments are better than my blog posts. They are insightful, uplifting and encouraging. I am almost inclined to go so far as to say that she might be considered my comment therapist (only, if I call her my therapist, that might mean I owe her some cash and I’m cheap, not to mention broke, so I suppose I’ll settle for saying Julia is a much appreciated voice).

I am embarrassed to note that up until now, I have been neglectful, as a I noticed that in my list of links, Julia Rachel Barrett’s wonderful blog was not included. This was an honest oversight and not intentional. When trying to do too much, it often happens that a person ends up not doing enough; or hardly accomplish anything at all. So scramble though I might, I forget things and feel like like I spin my wheels in an ineffectual race to nowhere in particular.

I admire Julia Rachel Barrett for many things, one of which being the design of her blog (can’t go wrong with long legs and panties suggestively pushed down to mid-calf, right?) but more so, it is her words that are most impressive. She wrote, in her last post, about a spider, about travelling about her life and I was drawn along as usual in her easy flow.

Dropped Panties? I'm a guy, my eyes are yours
One thing I must admit, and forgive me for making an excuse; I haven’t yet purchased one of Julia’s books. (Another thing on my list that I have yet to do and for that, all apologies, Julia!) I have encountered so many new authors, that I am backed up in the reading department. Lots of of desires, not enough of me to fulfill those desires. For now, I must content myself with Julia’s blog, but I will get to her books soon, because, well, they sound cool as hell.

I would encourage everyone to go to Julia Rachel Barrett's website, read her blog, then go ahead and buy one (or more) of her books. My Pick Of the Week deserves the support and your most generous time.

Check her out.

15 comments:

Julia Rachel Barrett said...

Hey, I've been away all morning so just now checking. Thank you so much for liking me! You like me, you really really like me! LOL!

Seriously, your topics and your words always make me think.

Penelope said...

Julia has another fan! Michael, might I recommend the book Captured? It is excellent.

DC said...

I too love Julia! She will be a great addition to your blogroll. Oh, and I think it is adorable when men blush.

RachelintheOC said...

Definitely fun! Thanks for featuring our girl, Michael. blushing, good. :)

MT Nickerson said...

Wow. Thanks for the comments and I agree completely: Julia is a wonderful lady who has been very kind in her comments to me for quite some time.

(As far as blushing... well... far more blushing before marriage than after...)

Kelly Stone Gamble said...

What a wonderful feature for such a special lady.

Erica Lucke Dean said...

Julia is one of my most favoritest people EVER! She is one of the best commenters ever, but also a wonderful writer herself. Thanks for sharing her with the world!

Raine Thomas said...

What a lovely feature of an even lovelier author! So excited for Julia, who deserves all of these kudos and more. ;)

Julia Rachel Barrett said...

You all are way too nice. I do have a dark side you know...

MT Nickerson said...

Julia certainly does deserve the accolades and it was my pleasure to feature her this week.

As for this darker side... a future post on your blog, perhaps? :)

Jaye said...

Throw Julia some chocolate and that dark side just fades away. Yes, everyone should read Julia's blog and books. :D

Elena Gray said...

Michael, what a wonderful blog post! Can't wait to read a future book review from you for Julia!

Brinda said...

I'm a Julia fan and her blog posts rock! Now, I'll have to check out your blog as well.

MT Nickerson said...

Thank you all for the comments. And I will definitely write a review of one of Julia's books, Elena. I may need some liquid courage, though, from what everyone has been saying. I'm a bit intimidated...

Julia Rachel Barrett said...

Just pretend you don't know me at all. Captured is a morality play. Maybe start there. If my husband can do it, so can you!
You are very sweet, you know.