Friday, February 10, 2012

A Few Pictures Of New Zealand

Two months since our return from New Zealand and still I have no words. If possible, I would jump on a plane at this moment and fly back so that I could re-visit each of the cities, all of the places, that my wife and I visited the first time. A hundred visits wouldn't be enough. Uprooting from Maine has been considered, Folks. Seriously considered. Instead of flying away, I often look at pictures and today, I guess I'll share a few with everyone. So...

Something's wrong with the steering wheel...

Auckland. My first time in a non-American car with the steering wheel on the 'wrong' side of the vehicle. Like a true gentleman, I let my wife drive. I'm enlightened... and scared shitless. No way I'm driving in the biggest city in New Zealand.


"Someone said pie? I like pie."

Apparently pies in New Zealand are entirely different than pies in America-no fruit. The lamb number I ended up with (a tasty foreign Hot Pocket) cured my disappointment and the L&P soda (world famous in New Zealand) was actually really great.


Breakfast at a B&B

Ah, more food! A thermal pool at the Kuirau Lodge in Rotorua, plus an amazing breakfast each morning? Yes please.


I was, I admit, tipsy when this was taken. And on a bicycle.

 Huia wine. Fantastic!


Can I say, "Typical view"? New Zealand is too gorgeous for words.

























More Wine, more views. (We're not lushes, really)

Queenstown. Can you spot Santa? Yeah, nothing but class in all the places stayed.

I suppose all I really can say is that if you haven't been, why not go to New Zealand? This trip cured me forever of couch potato disease. Or maybe it infected me with traveler disease? Does it matter in the end?





9 comments:

Julia Rachel Barrett said...

Amazing. Going on my to-do list.

MT Nickerson said...

Julia- I would definitely recommend this trip to everyone. We did both north and south islands and everywhere was amazing.

Wendy aka Quillfeather said...

What gorgeous photos. You've done us kiwis proud, good sir.

So glad to hear you enjoyed your time here. Perhaps you'll come back on a book tour? :)

MT Nickerson said...

Book or no book, Wendy, I'm certain I'll do another tour of New Zealand.

And New Zealand made the photos gorgeous; I was just lucky enough to be present when they were taken.

Jess @ The Secret DMS Files of Fairday Morrow said...

Amazing pictures! New Zealand looks absolutely beautiful. I would have let someone else drive too- nothing to prove, and who needs the pressure : ) I'm a new follower! Glad I stopped by!

MT Nickerson said...

Jess- thanks for the comment and the follow. Glad you stopped by, too :)

KayEm said...

What I love are the "Stop. Ducks Crossing" signs. And when they do cross single file - proud mama and 6 ducklings - with a line of cars waiting patiently as the last one waddles off, you feel your day is made.

Carole said...

Nice post. For another reason to go to New Zealand look at this post on Great Barrier. http://caroleschatter.blogspot.co.nz/2012/03/places-in-nz-i-would-like-to-visit-part_24.html

Jen Conroy said...

Beautiful photos! Certainly brought back fond memories for me. :) NZ is such a beautiful place, everyone should go at least once!